Monday, April 16, 2012

9 Secrets of Happy Couples

9 secrets? That is all we need to be happy. Awesome!!! I can do 9 things. I am a true Multitasker.

Oh wait, all the time. Oh boy, this marriage thing is work.

But seriously, I thought this list was pretty good. And we do ok if we go task by task:


1. They use terms of endearment (Pat will kill me if I tell you. But we do have pet names)
2. They do stuff together (We are sitting on the couch right now, TOGETHER!)
3. When the going gets tough, they don't call Mom or Dad (Can't do that. My Mom might tell me I'm the one who is wrong)
4. They stay connected to their parents (I talk to my Mom about 4 times a day. But not weird, right?)
5. They don't nickel-and-dime about chores (We  Sacagawea  about chores)
6. They fight constructively (We always put together Ikea furniture while we argue)
7. They give each other gifts (Pat once gave me beer scented shampoo for Valentine's Day. Yep. Beer scented.) 
8. They never lose their sense of humor (We have a hook by the door where we always hang it religiously)
9. They take "for better or for worse" seriously (We love that cartoon!)



http://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/9-secrets-happy-couples-160700887.html;_ylc=X3oDMTNtYzNobm1wBF9TAzk2NzE0MzAzOARhY3QDbWFpbF9jYgRjdANhBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi1VUwRwa2cDMjdjNzFjNzEtYzdhMy0zOGE4LWExNmYtNjMwNDFmYzVhMGJkBHNlYwNtaXRfc2hhcmUEc2xrA21haWwEdGVzdAM-;_ylv=3

3 comments:

  1. We've never tried your "IKEA style" fights. Maybe THAT'S where we've been going wrong. ;-)

    Good list. It's definitely a starting point only, I'd think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what they say...IKEA in sweedish means, ARGUMENT. I just didn't realize it was to be taken literally! Nice tip!

    ReplyDelete